In The Spotlight
The Africa Film Academy, organizers of the Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA), invites entries for the 12th edition of the Awards, which is scheduled to hold in April 2016.
By January 30th 2016, five (5) DVD copies of the entry, at least 2 production stills and a signed copy of the online submission form must be delivered to AMAA provided that they meet the outlined regulations. Submissions received after the above deadline will not be considered.
17 Adenubi Street,
Behind St Leo Catholic Church,
Allen Avenue, Ikeja.
Entries must be submitted under the following regulations:
1. All entries must be watermarked in a way that does not impair viewing during the screening process. Filmmakers submitting entries are advised not to use paper labels on DVDs as these prevent the DVDs from playing.
2. Beyond credits, no entry may contain commercials or advertorials.
3. All entries in languages other than English must be fully subtitled. This rule applies to “pidgin” English.
4. The persons or entities submitting the film must attest that they are the copyright owner or submit a letter of consent to submission signed by the copyright owner. Filmmakers must sign the standard submission release form, establishing authority and consent.
5. All shipping costs of the submitted materials must be borne by the sender. Please note that submitted materials will not be returned to the sender.
Following submission and consideration,
1. AMAA will send an official acceptance email acknowledging receipt of each successful entry.
2. AMAA reserves the right to transfer submissions to a master hard drive for a permanent AMAA digital library. However, AMAA will not screen or utilize submitted films for any commercial purposes without the express written consent of the appropriate right holder(s).
3. AMAA reserves the right to use a 3-5 minute excerpt of a submitted film for promotional purposes
4. The decision of the AMAA College of Screeners and Board of Jurors will determine the nominees. A confirmation from directors and producers should be publicly solicited on the AMAA site and Facebook Page.
5. The nominees for each category will be announced during the AMAA nomination event. Prior to the awards, AMAA will send each successful nominee an email advising on further requirements and next steps.
The organizers of the African Movie Academy Awards, AMAA, have received over 800 movie entries from over 60 countries. According to a release from the organizers, over 800 films have already been received for the 2015 edition from over 60 countries of the world mostly within Africa, South America, United States and North America.
NOMINATION SHORTLIST OF THE 2015 EDITION OF THE AFRICA MOVIE ACADEMY AWARDS (AMAA) ANNOUNCED ON JUNE 20, 2015 IN LOS ANGELES, USA.
We release the Africa one Song written by Peace Anyiam-Osigwe and brother Michael Anyiam-Osigwe who was brutally killed on his way to his village, as we continue to honour MCAO, we strive to believe that African Unity most be protected and supported, African's need to learn to support each other and stop waiting for outsiders to come bail them out ,African's must learn that Charity begins at home. Nobody can save us unless we save ourselves .