The Africa Movie Academy Awards, AMAA is an offshoot of the Africa Film Academy. The Academy founded on the best film tradition, is geared towards research, training and propagating film making in Africa. Behind it are film producers, directors, designers, writers, critics and scholars who share in the belief of a renaissant African film.
AMAA is thus conceptualized as an annual celebration of the brightest and the best in African movie. It is about class and style, blitz, glitz and razzmatazz. It is the biggest gathering of movie makers across the African continent and the diaspora. It is to show to the world that the rating of Nollywood (Nigeria) as the third largest producers of movie is real.
THE OBJECTIVES OF AMAA
- 1. To promote African Actors, Actresses, Producers and their works internationally.
- 2. To unite Africa through acts.
- 3. To Produce a world-class movie awards.
THE AMAA TARGET MARKETS
- 1. The masses throughout the African continent.
- 2. The Media and primarily television.
- 3. Movie viewers in other parts of the world outside the African continent.
- 4. The African Movie Producers, Actors and Actresses themselves.
THE AMAA POSITIONING STATEMENT
- 1. The Awards serve as a recognition of movie and acting excellence within Africa and its Diaspora.
- 2. The Africa Movie Academy Awards is a prestigious annual event broadcasts live.
- The Academy's vision is to be the African's biggest and best Awards for the Movie Industry.
- The mission of the Academy is to promote the African culture, encourage professionalism in the movie industry, offer professional development and networking opportunities.
- The winners of each category are announced on the night of the event during the live broadcast. The ceremony also showcases Africa's best performances and brings the cream of African actors and actresses together under one roof.